Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Let the Journey Begin!

Let the Journey Begin!

I have been on this Journey for a while but I thought it was time to record some of my daily thoughts as I daily encounter the Cross. I like many people often times think of the Crucifixion as a past event but really it is a daily occurrence. John Piper calls it a daily execution to those things that need to die in us. Please do not interpret this blog as some thoughts of deep depression or a spiritual melancholy that some how marks one as being more spiritual the blue one may feel. A resounding "NO!" I have found that some of the most richest deepest moments of joy has been after I have been cut once again by the cross. People use so many different terms to define this journey "recovery" "healing" and all these are good but not complete enough for me. The Cross is a wonderful reminder to me how I must daily seek to once again against all human pride that i am not self-sufficient and I am in need of my Savior to engage my heart once again. Self-will is not good enough to help me overcome but rather it is only by the power of Jesus Christ that i can once again take another step forward. Often times it is me failing forward but nonetheless He is with me.

Here is a thought I had today. Grace is the permission to be fully human! God created me and is not shocked by my human frailty.

So, Let the Journey Begin!

No comments: